Kumartuli Park Durga Puja 2023: Durga Puja can be said to be the heartbeat of Kolkata. Bengalis wait for this festival throughout the year to witness the big pandals which draw a stream of crowds. Kumartuli Park Durgotsab is one of the most popular puja pandals that you should not miss to visit. This park is located near Bagbazar. Therefore, you will be able to visit both pandals at a time.
About Kumartuli Park Durga Puja
People who like to witness new trends in the festival must visit Kumartuli Park Durga Puja 2023. Durga Puja at this park is very popular because of its unique and innovative ideas such as handcrafted Durga idols. Clay & many different natural elements are used to make these idols and every year the pandals get adorned with modern decoration & themes. Lord Krishna’s flute for humanity was its theme in 2018.
Location of Kumartuli Park Durga Puja
The location of the pandal is along the shore of Kumartuli Park River which is near Sovabazar Launch Ghat. If you travel via metro to visit the pandal, Sovabazar Metro station is the nearest metro station.
What To Expect This Year at Kumartuli Park Durga Puja 2023
It is one of the most popular Durga Pujas held in North Kolkata. This park is near Sovabazar Ferry and it showcases a fusion of old-fashioned art & grandeur. In 2023, the idol is expected to be around 12 ft. Each aspect of traditional Indian culture will be showcased by its architectural style.
Why Is Kumartuli Park Durga Puja So Popular?
- Being one of the most popular Puja pandals in Kolkata, it can be seen that Kumartuli Park is drawing a huge stream of crowd from various parts of the town.
- The Kumartuli Park Durga Puja committee has preserved its social and cultural milieu as kumartuli is the home of a hundred artisans.
- This place is a settlement of multiple artisans who sculpt idols for different festivals and choose it as their profession to earn their livelihood.
- You will be glad to know that idols of Maa Durga & other deities that the potters of Kumartuli sculpted are exported to the US, Canada, the UK, and Southeast Asian countries.
Recent Announcement From The Committee
- The Kumartuli Park Durga Puja committee will arrange a Press Conference where they will discuss the release of the theme of Kumartuli Park Durga Puja 2023 Theme by Mr. Tarun Ghosh.
- Dr. Shirddarhto Shankar Roy (Sidhuda Cactus Band) has designed the Theme Music.
- This conference is going to be held on the 30th of September, 2023 between 3 pm to 5 pm at Kolkata’s Press Club.
The Global Appreciation & Demand For Kumartuli Idols
The colony of traditional potters can make idols beautifully and because of this, they are always in demand which is increasing year by year. Several potters export idols to outside countries and get many orders yearly.
Mintu Pal said that he has got 14 orders for this Puja. Eight of these orders are already exported to Australia, Berlin, Canada, Germany, New York, and other locations. The remaining orders need to be exported to Dubai, Texas, Sharjah, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
Kumartuli Park Durga Puja Nearby Puja Pandals And Nearest Restaurants
|Kumartuli Park Durga Puja Nearby Puja Pandals||Kumartuli Park Durga Puja Nearest Restaurants|
|Chaltabagan Durga Puja Pandal||Karim’s -Original From Jama Masjid Delhi 6|
|Paddapukur Durga Puja Pandal||Arsalan Restaurant & Caterer|
|JAGORANI SANGHA DURGA PUJA PANDAL||Mitra Cafe – Sovabazar|
|BAGHMARI CLUB DURGA PUJA PANDAL||Dilruba Restaurant|
|Nalin Sarkar Street Durga Puja||Dhiren Cabin|
|Taltala Durga Puja pandal||Adi Maloncha Kormibrindo Restaurant|
|Nasta Goli Kankurgachi Durga Puja Pandal||Ringmo Restaurant|
|Sinthee Roy Para Sorbojanin Club Durga Puja Pandal||Aminia Restaurant|
|Boat Park Durga Puja||Chillies ; Good Food Good Vibes|
|Lake Town Adhibasi Brindo Durga Puja Pandal||The Munchie Bites|
|Chitraranjan Park Durga Puja||Allen Kitchen|
|Sreebhumi Durga Puja Pandal||Mahal Restaurant|
Other nearby Durga Puja pandals are
- A-10 Durga Puja
- Anath Nath Deb Lane Durga Puja Pandal (Sammelani)
- Taltala Durga Puja pandal
- 7 Tanks Durga Puja Pandal
Kumartuli Park Durga Puja Nearest Metro And Railway Station
The nearest metro station is Shobhabazar Metro Station. If you take the metro to come here, you need to get off at the metro station, and from there, you have to walk to the locality. Bagbazar is the closest railway station and is only 10 minutes away from Banamali Sarkar Street.
Durga Puja is celebrated in many other locations across the globe. Whenever it comes to talking about idol-making, Kumartuli Park Durga Puja 2023 is the name that comes to our mind. Hence, idol makers work all day & night and complete all orders for the year. Kumartuli Park Durga Puja was established in 1992. It was formed by the Late Pankaj Roy, Sri Tarak Banerjee, Sri S.K.Roy, the Late Amber Roy, etc.