Durga Puja, the biggest festival of Bengal, is a time for celebration and grandeur. The city of Kolkata comes alive during this time, with pandals of all shapes and sizes adorning every street and corner. South Kolkata is home to some of the most popular and iconic Durga Puja pandals, known for their innovative themes, elaborate decorations, and vibrant atmosphere.
Some of the most popular South Kolkata Durga Puja Pandals
- Badamtala Ashar Sangha (Location: Kalighat)
- Chetla Agrani (Location: Pearymohan Ray Road)
- Ekdalia Evergreen Club (Location: Gariahat)
- Hindustan Park Sarbojanin Durgotsav
- Ballygunge Cultural Association Puja Pandal (Location: Jatin Das Road)
- Mudiali Club (Location: Rajani Sen Road)
- Singhi Park Sarbojanin Durga Puja Committee
- Santoshpur Lake Pally (Location: Santoshpur)
- Tridhara Sammilani (Location: Manoharpukur Road)
These pandals attract visitors from all over the city and beyond, and are a must-see for anyone celebrating Durga Puja in Kolkata.
Each year, the pandals come up with new and unique themes, which are often based on current events or social issues. The decorations are also elaborate and creative, with pandals using everything from traditional materials like bamboo and clay to modern materials like metal and glass to create stunning visual displays.
The atmosphere at the South Kolkata Durga Puja pandals is electric, with people of all ages coming together to celebrate the festival. There is music, dancing, and food stalls everywhere, and the air is filled with the sound of laughter and revelry.
If you are visiting Kolkata during Durga Puja, be sure to check out some of the South Kolkata Durga Puja pandals.