Durga Puja is one of the most important and popular festivals in India. It is a nine-day festival that celebrates the victory of the goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura. Durga Puja is a time for families and friends to come together and celebrate the triumph of good over evil.
Tips for Durga Puja Drawing
Drawing is a great way for kids to celebrate Durga Puja. It is a fun and creative activity that can help them learn about the festival and its traditions. Here are a few tips for drawing Durga Puja.
Choose a theme for Sketch
There are many different aspects of Durga Puja that kids can draw, such as the goddess Durga herself, the Durga Puja pandal, the Durga Puja celebration, or the Durga Puja dhak drum. Choose a theme that your child is interested in and that they think they will enjoy drawing.
Do some research on the Theme
Once your child has chosen a theme, help them to do some research on it. Look at pictures of Durga Puja celebrations and read about the different symbols and traditions. This will help your child to create a more accurate and detailed drawing.
Start with a basic sketch
Before your child starts drawing, have them lightly sketch out their composition with a pencil. This will help them to plan out their drawing and make sure that everything is in the right place.
Use Different Colour
Durga Puja is a colourful festival, so encourage your child to use bright and vibrant colors in their drawing. They can use oil pastels, watercolours, or even crayons.
Drawing is a creative activity, so let your child’s imagination run wild. There is no right or wrong way to draw Durga Puja. Just encourage them to have fun and create something that they are proud of.
Here are a few easy Durga Puja drawing ideas for kids
- Durga Puja pandal: Have your child draw a simple sketch of a Durga Puja pandal. They can decorate the pandal with flowers, flags, and other festive symbols.
- Durga Puja celebration: Have your child draw a sketch of a Durga Puja celebration, showing people dancing, singing, and playing instruments. They can also include symbols of Durga Puja, such as the goddess Durga herself, the dhak drum, and the dhunuchi incense burner.
- Durga Idol face: Have your child draw a simple sketch of the goddess Durga’s face. They can decorate her face with jewellery and flowers.
If your child is older and more experienced, they can try to draw more complex Durga Puja scenes, such as the battle between Durga and Mahishasura or the Durga Puja immersion ceremony.
No matter what theme or drawing style your child chooses, be sure to encourage them to have fun and be creative. Durga Puja is a time for celebration, and drawing is a great way to express that joy.
Here are a few additional tips for drawing Durga Puja
- Use reference photos. This will help your child to draw the goddess, Durga, the Durga Puja pandal, and other symbols accurately.
- Pay attention to the details. Durga Puja is a festival with many rich details, such as the goddess Durga’s jewellery, clothing, and weapons. Encourage your child to include as many of these details in their drawing as possible.
- Use different drawing techniques. There are many different drawing techniques that your child can use, such as outlining, shading, and blending. Encourage them to experiment with different techniques to see what they like best.
- Be patient and supportive. Learning to draw takes time and practice. Be patient with your child and encourage them to keep practising.
Some Colors and Drawing Tools for Durga Puja Drawing Competitions
Here are some colors and tools from Amazon that you can use for Durga Puja drawing:
Colors you may consider
Oil pastels: Oil pastels are a versatile medium that can be used to create a variety of effects, from soft and dreamy to bold and vibrant. Here is a set of oil pastels that is perfect for Durga Puja drawing.
Camel Student Water Color Cakes – 24 Shades & Camel Oil Pastel (50 Shades)
Camel Artist Water Colour Cake Set – Pack of 24 (Blue)
Watercolors: Watercolors are another great medium for Durga Puja drawing. They can be used to create a wide range of colors and effects, from delicate washes to bold and saturated hues. Here is a set of watercolors that is perfect for beginners.
Camlin Artist 5ml Each Water Color Set – 12 Shades – Multicolor (Pack of 2)
Color pencils: Color pencils are a good choice for Durga Puja drawing if you want to create a detailed and precise drawing. Here is a set of color pencils that is perfect for beginners and experienced artists alike
Faber-Castell Polychromos Color Pencil Set – Pack of 36
Drawing pad: A good drawing pad is essential for protecting your drawing surface and preventing your drawing from smudging. Here is a drawing pad that is perfect for both pencil and charcoal drawings
Canson XL Series Drawing Paper Pad, Micro Perforated, Smooth Surface, 70 Pound, 11 x 14 Inch, 60 Sheets
We hope this article has helped you to learn more about Durga Puja drawing. We also recommended some of the drawing tools. Have fun drawing and celebrating this auspicious festival!